- I am very pleased with that Lena Nymo Helli and Anita Krohn Traaseth have agreed to become part of the board of DSD. With their knowledge and experience, I look forward to DSD continuing to work with people and companies to find and develop solutions for the future, says Yuhong Jin Hermansen, chair of the board and majority owner of DSD.
The family - owned company's history dates back to 1855 and has its origins in a traditional industrial company in the transport and maritime industry. In 2019, however, DSD implemented a new financial ownership strategy with a focus on technological and sustainable companies in mobility, maritime and marine, tourism and health. In total, DSD currently has a company portfolio consisting of over 4,500 employees, and sustainability, active ownership and value development are fundamental pillars in the group's ownership strategy.
- DSD is a well-known family group with an impressive history where value creation through long term perspective, and through innovation. The group is now changing and has high ambitions for the future. It is a journey I look forward to contributing to, says Anita Krohn Traaseth.
Anita Krohn Traaseth has considerable expertise in innovation, and has since 2019 worked as an adviser to the European Commission with the establishment of the European Innovation Council (EIC). She has previously been CEO of Innovation Norway, and from 2019 she led the government's Committee for Innovation and Growth in the green sector.
Lena Nymo Helli has her background from the health and financial sector. She is a trained pharmacist, and is the general manager of Norway Health Tech, the country's largest cluster for health technology. Nymo Helli has extensive experience from both the national and international pharmaceutical industry, and has previously been a Venture Partner in the acquisition fund Hadean Ventures, where she worked with health-related start-up companies.
While DSD in 2020 made several company investments in the sectors maritime and marine, mobility and tourism, including the shore power company Zinus, the battery cell manufacturer Beyonder and the tourism company XXLofoten, investments in the new focus area health-related technology have been delayed.
- It is incredibly exciting that DSD invests in health and technology. And I think there is great transfer value from the other sectors DSD has good experience with to solve needs in health and care services. I really like the values DSD stands for and I look forward to being part of the exciting journey ahead, says Lena Nymo Helli.
- I would like to personally thank Steinar Olsen and Svein Gjedrem for the effort they have put into DSD. It has been a privilege to have them as board members of DSD's board, and they have made valuable contributions to the good development in the company, says Yuhong Jin Hermansen, chair of the board and majority owner of DSD.
At the same time as two new board members join the board, Svein Gjedrem and Steinar Olsen resign as long-time board members.
- I would like to personally thank Steinar and Svein for the effort they have put into DSD. It has been a privilege to have them as board members of DSD's board, and they have made valuable contributions to the good development in the company, says Yuhong Jin Hermansen.
The new board of DSD now consists of three women and two men. Chair Yuhong Jin Hermansen, Deputy Chair Bjørn A. Dahle, Eirik Børve Monsen, Lena Nymo Helli and Anita Krohn Traaseth.