The Stavanger-based investment company DSD is behind Adventure Tech, a technology initiative aimed at tomorrow's facilitators of good, seamless experiences.
- Exploring, searching and scouting for something new is in our DNA. In Adventure Tech, we take advantage of this together with our long experience with passenger transport by land and water. We know what it takes to create good experiences and travel memories. Covid-19 sent the tourism industry into a deep crisis, but we chose to use the pandemic to focus on new technology that targets tomorrow's facilitators of good, seamless experiences, says Martin Økland, director of business development at DSD and chairman of Adventure Tech.
Adventure Tech's first product is Bilberry. It is a software activity companies can use for everything that is important to create good experiences and operate profitably, including everything from online booking, event management, tailoring and packaging to sales. In addition to sales and distribution, Bilberry provides control over operations and delivery through personnel and resource management.
Bilberry was launched in January 2021 and so far about 60 travel companies have chosen the software.
- Bilberry has had an adventurous launch journey. It is very motivating that we win in competition with established international players. Who would have thought that starting to sell a new digital product for activity companies in the midst of a pandemic where all activity has been either discouraged or strictly regulated would succeed? says Frode Myrseth, CEO of Adventure Tech.
Norway's largest network of climbing parks on the customer list
The latest addition to Bilberry's customer list is Høyt & Lavt Gruppen AS.
- We look forward to using Bilberry in all of our climbing centers and parks over the next 2 years. For us, it means simplicity for customers in the ordering process, a better and more transparent tool for us in customer follow-up, as well as better opportunities for resource management, says Trond Fagerland, CEO of Høyt & Lavt Gruppen AS.
- Bilberry became the software solution for our company because it solves several of our everyday operational challenges in one and the same system. It gives us good management and control of what we work hard to create for our customers; joy, mastery and good climbing experiences, Fagerland continues.
- We are very satisfied that we have established a collaboration with the climbing parks High & Low. They offer attractive products and have a strong market position. We are proud to be able to work with such a solid player, says Myrseth.
Recently, the sailing ships Statsraad Lemkuhl, the full rigger Sørlandet and Christan Radich have also chosen to use Bilberry.
- DSD has maritime traditions dating back to 1855. It is nice that one of our companies can deliver leading technology solutions to sailing ships that are an important part of our cultural heritage, says Økland.
- We have a clear goal of becoming the market leader in Norway, at the same time as we want to take Bilberry internationally. The global market for activity tourism is large and is expected to grow significantly in the future. We are also working on other technology solutions for tourism that we look forward to going to market with, says Myrseth.