- Our tourism business has grown in the last two years through investments in the activity company XXLofoten, the travel company Fjord Travel Norway and the event company Crazy Coyote Events in Trondheim. Now we are strengthening our commitment further and investing in the Z Event group, and the ambition is to build Norway's most forward-looking tourism and events company, says Martin Økland, director of business development at DSD and chairman of DSD Explore.
Z Event is one of the country's leading event agencies, known for its customer orientation and a very strong internal culture. They have more than 16 solid years behind them with several thousand events and digital broadcasts. Z Event retains the name and brand, and has its headquarters in Oslo.
- The success of companies in and around DSD Explore is heavily dependent on people. We believe there is a very good cultural link between DSD Explore and Z Event, where both parties are motivated to take part in a journey of growth and create something bigger together. Z Event will be the event engine in DSD Explore's further growth strategy, where the ambition is an expansion in central locations in Norway, says Terje Hatlen-Stokke, group manager of DSD Explore.
- We share the same values and dream of the same. It feels like a real partnership and not an acquisition, when we now have a Norwegian family-owned group behind us, says Thomas Strandskogen, CEO in Z Event.
- Our industry is undergoing major changes. Now we get a professional owner who gives us the opportunity to develop further, continues Mona Øverengen, agency manager at Z Event.
The Z Event group also includes the travel company Reisverket and the communications agency Y Story.
- Becoming part of the DSD family gives us the opportunity to create a unique, nationwide event and travel operator that no one comes close to matching, says Arild Holm, founder of the Norwegian Travel Agency.
Y Story was started in 2017, and has a strong position in strategy and change communication.
- The communication profession is becoming increasingly important in identity and culture building, and we are very much looking forward to showing ourselves off to new clients both within and outside the family, says Andreas Kvernflaten, managing director. in Y Story.
All the shareholders in the Z Event group are reinvesting in DSD Explore.
- Traveling is associated with big and small dreams, whether it is private or with the company, and our joint task is to fulfill these dreams. But there are also several dreams that we at DSD Explore are concerned with: namely, living communities. Through large and small companies that now bring activities and travelers to the whole of Norway, we will contribute to robust year-round local jobs, concludes Terje Hatlen-Stokke.